Passive House California (PHCA) is currently guided by a five-seat board of directors. (Our by-laws allow for five to nine board members.) Terms for one of the directors will be complete on December 31; annual elections, open to current PHCA Members in good standing, are now slated for December to fill the open seats. Meet the candidates at the December 4th PHCA meeting.
Nomination and Election Timeline
· December 1 – Election & candidacy nomination information posted
· December 10, midnight (Saturday) – Nominee Applications due
· December 13 – Candidacy statements (relevant sections of nominee applications) posted to PHCA website for public review
· December 14 – Elections open (current PHCA Members will be emailed private link to online election form)
· December 30, midnight – Elections close
· December 31 – Election results announced
· January 1, 2017 – 2017 board term begins
The two-year terms of the following board members are ending December 31st, 2016:
· Thamby Kumaran
The following board members are half-way through their term and remain on the board until December 31st, 2017:
- Lizzie Adams
- Bronwyn Barry
- Brian Rubin
- Jane Melia
2017 Board of Directors Seats
· The number of board members will be five, minimum, eleven maximum.
· One of the five (min) seats are open for voting by PHCA Members in this election cycle.
· There is no limit to the number of eligible candidates that may nominate themselves for a seat.
· The newly elected board will designate officers or other board roles amongst themselves. Board terms are two years.
· A majority of the board must be Certified Passive House Designers & Consultants (CPHDs). In the event election results yield four or fewer CPHDs, the next CPHD(s) with the largest number of votes will replace the non-CPHD candidate(s) with the lowest number of votes until a CPHD majority is attained.
· No more than one employee from the same firm or company may serve on the Board simultaneously.