July 24 PHCA Meeting: Air Sealing - A Meritorious Compulsion
Please join us at our regular meeting venue, Pyramid Brewery in Berkeley, to learn about air sealing and how to achieve the stringent 0.6 ACH required for the Passive House building energy standard. We look forward to seeing you Sunday!
Place: Pyramid Brewery Conference Room: 901 Gilman Street, Berkeley, CA 94710
Meeting Fee: $10 for non-members (cash or check only) helps cover the venue cost and gets you a beer or other beverage (free for current PHCA Members. Not yet a member? Sign up for membership here)
3:00-3:30PM New Participants
- What is the Passive House standard?
- What is the Passive House California group, and how can you get involved?
3:30-5:00PM All Participants
- Introductions to Board of Directors, Committee Chairs, & new attendees (10min)
General updates & special announcements
- Passive House Consultant training opportunities in 2011 (2min, S. Hunter)
- Passive House Retrofit Event & Open House: Sept. 9-10 (3min, K. Hollbacher)
- PHCA website domain change to passivehousecal.org & Passive House Alliance (PHA) chapter or affiliation opportunities (10min, K. Hollbacher)
- Open announcements (5min)
- Air sealing: A Meritorious Compulsion by Terry Nordbye, builder of the CLAM 2 Passive House (45min)
- Air sealing is a relatively new skill in construction. To achieve the stringent 0.6 ACH required for the Passive House building energy standard, we need to explore and develop new ways of thinking about leaks in the building shell. Using actual materials, props, and jobsite slides, Terry will demonstrate single plane air sealing as well as compartmental air sealing. This show is guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your seat as you wait to see how the next fissure will vanish before your very eyes!
- Open discussion (15min)
- Special PHCA Member's Only meeting one evening during the week of August 22 to discuss PHA affiliation options, STAY TUNED FOR DATE & DETAILS
- Next regular meeting Sunday, September 25, 2011 (off for August vacations)
5:00-5:30PM All Participants
Stick around for general networking, project problem-solving, and another beer...