PHCA Board Candidate Eligibility Criteria
Candidate Eligibility Criteria
- Be a PHCA Professional Member in good standing
- Reside and do business in California
- Complete and submit Nominee Application by stated deadline
- Review and sign the PHCA Board of Directors Commitment Statement
- Abide by the PHCA Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy (in development)
Participant in a PHCA effort or committee
- Certified Passive House Designer or Consultant, or involved in PH projects
- Marketing/PR, fundraising/grant writing, or advocacy experience
- Served as board member or on committee of a non-profit organization
- Candidates shall be truthful about their credentials and experience.
- Candidates shall conduct themselves in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Negative campaigning is prohibited.
- Each candidate’s photograph, biography, and statement of qualifications will be posted in the Elections section of the PHCA website for the duration of the election. No other marketing via the PHCA website is allowed.
- Candidates and those acting on their behalf shall not distribute unsolicited information to anyone who does not request such information from the candidate. Candidates may answer questions and respond directly to inquiries received.
- Candidates will each have up to 2 minutes to declare their candidacy to the PHCA Membership at the December meeting. If a candidate cannot be present at this meeting, they may record a video statement no more than 2 minutes in length, which will be played back at the meeting.