September 25 PHCA Meeting: New Adventures in Passive House
Please join us at our regular meeting venue, Pyramid Brewery in Berkeley, to learn about contractor Terry Nordbye's newest retrofit project, where he's applying Passive House principles and lessons learned from his previous Blue I and Blue II projects. We'll also discuss highlights from the Passive House Retrofit Event and hear your ideas for what to offer in 2012. We look forward to seeing you Sunday!
Place: Pyramid Brewery Conference Room: 901 Gilman Street, Berkeley, CA 94710
Meeting Fee: $10 for non-members (cash or check only) helps cover the venue cost and gets you a beer or other beverage (free for current PHCA Members. Not yet a member? Sign up for membership here)
3:00-3:30PM New Participants
- What is the Passive House standard?
- What is the Passive House California group, and how can you get involved?
3:30-5:00PM All Participants
- Introductions to Board of Directors, Committee Chairs, & new attendees (10min)
General updates & special announcements
- Special August 26 PHCA Member Meeting summary (5min)
- Recent changes to the Passive House certification processes, news from the International Passive House Association (iPHA), & opportunities to participate in a new national networking association (10min)
- Passive House California Board of Directors elections are just around the corner. We need you! (5min)
Education Presentation & Discussion
- New Adventures in Passive House: Terry Nordbye, builder of the CLAM 2 Passive House, will share details of his current retrofit project. (15min)
- We'll then facilitate a group discussion of the September 9 Passive House Retrofit Event: what were key highlights and lessons learned? what questions remain, and what are your ideas for future presentations, training, and other events that PHCA could offer in 2012? (30min)
- Open discussion (15min)
- Next regular meeting Sunday, October 23, 2011
5:00-5:30PM All Participants
Stick around for general networking, project problem-solving, and another beer...