Passive House California (PHCA) is currently guided by a board of directors. (Our by-laws allow for five to eleven board members.) Terms for some of the directors will be complete on December 31; annual elections, open to current PHCA Members in good standing, are now slated for January to fill the open seats.
Nomination and Election Timeline:
- January 3rd – Election & candidacy nomination information posted
- January 10, midnight – candidate applications due
- January 17th – Elections open (PHCA Members will be emailed a link to online ballot voting form)
- January 27th, midnight – Elections close
- January 30th – Election results announced
- January 31st – 2021 board term begins
- February 1st & 2nd - Board Retreat & Orientation, Virtual (mandatory for all new Board members)
The two-year terms of the following board members are ending December 31st, 2020:
- Xavier Gaucher, CPHC (joined 2016, re-elected 2018) - leaving the board 12/2020.
- Christian Kienapfel, CPHD (joined 2016, re-electected 2018).
- Sofia Siegel (joined 2018).
- Colin Shane (joined 2018) - leaving the board 12/2020.
Sofia and Christian have elected to stand for an additional term and are included in the ballot for confirmation.
The following board members are half-way through their term and remain on the board until December 31st, 2021:
- Mike Horgan, CPHC (joined January 2020).
- Irina Tehrani, CPHD (joined January 2020).
- Ryan Hayes, CPHC (joined January 2020).
- Rob Nicely, CPHC (joined 2018, re-elected in 2020).
- Jay Gentry (joined 2018, re-elected in 2020).
- Jed Donaldson (joined in 2018, re-elected in 2020).
Board of Directors Seats:
- The number of board members shall be five (minimum) to eleven (maximum.)
- Five of the seats are open for voting by PHCA Members in this election cycle.
- There is no limit to the number of eligible candidates that may nominate themselves for a seat.
- The newly elected board will designate officers or other board roles amongst themselves. Board terms are two years.
- A majority of the board must be Certified Passive House Designers & Consultants (CPHDs). In the event election results yield four or fewer CPHDs, the next CPHD(s) with the largest number of votes will replace the non-CPHD candidate(s) with the lowest number of votes until a CPHD majority is attained.
- No more than one employee from the same firm or company may serve on the Board simultaneously.