The Passive House Approach to Zero Net Energy Homes (PG&E)
The State of California has set a goal for all new homes to be zero net energy by 2020. The Passive House standard, with its emphasis on optimized building enclosures, is a viable, cost-effective and field-verified means of reaching this goal. This class will introduce the Passive House standard and demonstrate its applicability to zero net energy homes, drawing on experience with actual projects in California, the US and Europe.
- Introductions and Safety Announcements
- California - Fast Facts
- California As a Nation - CO2 Emissions, Total & per Capita
- California's Sustainability Goals
- What is Passive House?
- How Does Passive House Work?
- Passive House History
- Passive House Benefits
- Passive House Performance
- Passive House & NZE
- The O'Neill Residence - 1st Certified Passive House in California
- New Frontiers - Passive House in Southern California
- Current Projects
- Wrap-up, Q&A, Post-course evaluation
660 Las Gallinas Ave, San Rafael, CA 94903