PS Ventures, LLC. (PSV) is looking for a talented and flexible individual with strong organizational skills willing to take a leading role in the development and construction of cutting-edge sustainable communities. PSV stands for Passionate and Sustainable Ventures and is a boutique development firm with a mission to help design and develop buildings that are more resilient, more durable, and more efficient utilizing building science and Passive House building principals.
PSV is currently working on two of the largest Passive House mixed-use, mixed-income projects in Maryland. With one project about to begin construction and another at the start of design development, PSV is hiring. We are looking for an individual with at least 2 years experience in real estate development, architectural design, and/or construction project management. The applicant should have excellent graphic, verbal, and written communication skills, and be self motivated with a “can do” attitude. Attention to detail is critical. Candidates with digital drawing and rendering skills (e.g. Sketchup) are encouraged to apply.
This position offers 40 hours of full-time employment (however those seeking part-time employment of at least 24 hrs per week are welcome to apply) and is primarily remote with periodic meetings in Montgomery County, MD. The firm’s primary projects are located in Montgomery County, Maryland and regular site visits are to be expected.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination and follow-up with all disciplines in the design team and serving as owner’s advocate in coordination meetings. (Project Management)
- Reviewing and providing design feedback on documents submitted by the design team including Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP), Architectural, and Civil drawings.
- Researching and providing Basis of Design (BOD) recommendations for building systems and components.
- Manage team member compliance with project schedules to ensure milestones are achieved.
- Creating 2D and 3D design documents to convey owner intent to the design team.
- Creating diagrams and supplemental images for submission of designs to stakeholders, planners, and the general public.
- Preparing presentations on project design and Passive House design principles for internal team use as well as public dissemination.
- Assisting in the wording and construction of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for various disciplines as well as the review of various contracts and other documents.
- Prepare submissions for grant applications for projects as necessary.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org