Passive House California is guided by a Board of Directors. Our bylaws allow for five (5) to eleven (11) board members with two-year-long terms. Our annual elections, open to current PHCA members in good standing, are held in January to fill any open seats. For more information see our bylaws.
- There is no limit to the number of eligible candidates that may nominate themselves for a seat.
- The newly elected board will designate officers or other board roles amongst themselves.
- A majority of the board must be Certified Passive House Designers/Consultants/Tradespeople (CPHD/C/T). In the event election results yield four or fewer CPHD/C/T, the next CPHD/C/T with the largest number of votes will replace the non-CPHD/C/T candidate(s) with the lowest number of votes until a CPHD/C/T majority is attained.
- No more than one employee from the same firm or company may serve on the Board simultaneously.
- Be a PHCA professional member in good standing;
- Reside and do business in California;
- Complete and submit an application by the stated deadline;
- Abide by the PHCA Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Current participant in a PHCA effort or committee;
- Certified Passive House Designer or Consultant or involved in Passive House projects;
- Marketing, PR, fundraising, grant writing, or advocacy experience; Experience serving as a board member or on a committee of a non-profit organization.
Applications are DUE: January 10th, 2024