Passive House California is guided by a Board of Directors. Our bylaws allow for five (5) to eleven (11) board members with two-year-long terms. Our annual elections, open to current PHCA members in good standing, are held in January to fill any open seats. For more information see our bylaws.
- There is no limit to the number of eligible candidates that may nominate themselves for a seat.
- The newly elected board will designate officers or other board roles amongst themselves.
- A majority of the board must be Certified Passive House Designers/Consultants/Tradespeople (CPHD/C/T). In the event election results yield four or fewer CPHD/C/T, the next CPHD/C/T with the largest number of votes will replace the non-CPHD/C/T candidate(s) with the lowest number of votes until a CPHD/C/T majority is attained.
- No more than one employee from the same firm or company may serve on the Board simultaneously.
The two-year terms of the following board members are ending December 31st, 2020:
- Mike Horgan, CPHD/C- joined 2020
- Rob Nicely, CPHD/C – joined 2018, re-elected 2020
- Jay Gentry – joined 2018, re-elected 2020
- Jed Donaldson – joined 2018, re-elected 2020
- Christian Kienapfel, CPHD/C – joined 2016, re-elected 2018, 2020
The following board members are half-way through their two-year term and remain on the board until December 31st, 2022:
- Cyril Petit – joined 2021
- Jason Scheurer CPHT – joined 2021
- January 3rd – election and candidate nomination information posted;
- January 10th, midnight – candidate applications due;
- January 17th – elections open, PHCA members are emailed a link to an online ballot voting form;
- January 27th, midnight – elections close;
- January 30th – election results announced;
- January 31st – board term begins;
- February 5th-6th (SLO) – Board Retreat & Orientation, mandatory for all new Board members.
2022 Board of Directors Candidates
Nominations will be published as they are received. The following nominations have been received for consideration for the 2022-2024 term:
[candidate information / bio / statement / portrait]
- Review the candidate eligibility section and confirm you meet all minimum criteria and will adhere to the campaigning rules;
- Review the Board of Directors Commitment Statement;
- Prepare a short bio;
- Submit your application materials before midnight, January 10th. The application materials should include: a short bio; a signed Board of Directors Commitment Statement and an optional portrait photo. Please maintain an offline version of your application as a backup.
- Be a PHCA professional member in good standing;
- Reside and do business in California;
- Complete and submit an application by the stated deadline;
- Abide by the PHCA Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy.
- Current participant in a PHCA effort or committee;
- Certified Passive House Designer or Consultant or involved in Passive House projects;
- Marketing, PR, fundraising, grant writing or advocacy experience;
- Experience serving as a board member or on a committee of a non-profit organization.
- Candidates shall be truthful about their credentials and experience;
- Candidates shall conduct themselves in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner;
- Negative campaigning is prohibited;
- Each candidate’s photograph, biography, and statement of qualifications will be posted in the Elections section of the PHCA website for the duration of the election. No other marketing via the PHCA website is allowed;
- Candidates and those acting on their behalf shall not distribute unsolicited information to anyone who does not request such information from the candidate. Candidates may answer questions and respond directly to inquiries received.