Hybrid On-Demand Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant (CPHD/C) Training — An Opportunity for California Professionals
Passive House Network’s Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant (CPHD/C) course is the premier training program for Passive House building professionals. Supported by a 25+ year history of global technical leadership by the Passive House Institute, and over 7 years of successful nationwide instruction by the Passive House Academy. This course is specifically designed to teach the international Passive House Standard to American professionals making Passive House buildings in the U.S. construction industry.
The Passive House Network (PHN) and Passive House California (PHCA) are jointly offering this hybrid Certified Passive House Designer/Consultant course for California professionals.
Passive House California (PHCA) will provide a $500 scholarship/discount for the first 20 registrants from California. The investment for the Passive House Designer Course will be reduced from $2295 to $1795 (Discount Code: phca500). All registrants will also receive a 1-year membership in Passive House California (PHCA), Passive House Network (PHN), and iPHA.
The CPHD course is the premier core Passive House professional training for architects, engineers, consultants, developers, policymakers, and more. The course is supported by the 30-year history of global technical leadership of the Passive House Institute.
- 8 weeks from kick-off to completion, followed by 4-5 weeks of exam prep.
- Includes registration for the international CPHD/C exam & exam preparations.
- Upon passing the CPHD/C exam, participants receive certification as either a PH Designer or PH Consultant.
Included in Training:
- 35 AIA LU/HSW credits & certificate of completion.
- On-demand digital course materials.
- Passive House Planning Package (PHPP) software (individual license), digital manual, and Using PHPP in Passive House Design and Certification course access (see below).
- 2 required live online instructor-led webinars.
- Q&A sessions w/ a Passive House practitioner.
- Supplemental exam preparation material.
- 1 site visit to Passive House project (minimum).
- Complimentary Passive House California (PHCA), Passive House Network (PHN) & iPHA Membership for 1 year.
CPHD course registrants will now receive access to the Using PHPP in Passive House Design and Certification course that is jointly provided by PHN and Peel Passive House Consulting Ltd. In this course, students will learn how to use the PHPP for residential building design and certification. Participants will be guided step-by-step through the relevant worksheets while learning the correct conventions for measurements and calculations. Proper documentation will also be covered in detail. A case study will provide participants with practical experience in completing and documenting PHPP calculations for building certification.