CODE BREAKER – Multifamily | All-Electric 2022 Energy Code Changes
This Code Breaker webinar summarizes the new and revised requirements in the 2022 California Energy Code (Title 24, Part 6) for all-electric features in Multifamily buildings. You’ll also learn about no-cost informational and training resources that provide more in-depth information on the Energy Code.
The 2022 Energy Code has introduced significant changes for Multifamily occupancies, from how these occupancies are to be classified and organized within the code to the introduction of new Mandatory and Prescriptive measures facilitating preparation for future multifamily all-electric buildings. Join us for this pre- sentation where we review not only the all-electric preparation requirements of the Energy Code, but also PV exemptions. We will also explore preparation for future all-electric buildings in the Energy Code requirements for HVAC systems, domestic hot water and battery storage.
Learning Objectives include:
- Cite the date when 2022 Energy Code requirements will go into effect
- Describe how 2019 Multifamily occupancy classifications have been reorganized in 2022 Energy Code along with their corresponding code sections
- Discuss updates to 2022 Prescriptive HVAC and domestic hot water requirements related to preparation for future Multifamily all-electric buildings
- Recognize when solar photovoltaic and battery systems are required in Multi family buildings
- Identify online resources for more guidance on these topics