PASSIVE HOUSE WINDOWS presented by 3C-REN
3C-REN is presenting Passive House Network’s course Passive House Windows FREE ($195 value) for Central Coast building professionals.
High-performance windows is a critical component in Passive House design and construction. Explore the passive house principle of high-performance windows in-depth. Discover how windows affect comfort in Passive House buildings. Calculate the relationship between windows and thermal bridges and check energy balances.
Explore the history of fenestration, the unique characteristics of windows used in passive house, learn how to design and detail Passive House windows, look at look at window calculations for a passive house building, and how to install high-performance windows for Passive House buildings. Discover Passive House Windows through case studies throughout the course.
Passive House Windows is a specialty course within The Passive House Network’s educational offerings. It consists of 4 courses that can be taken individually or as a single bundled course.
Why attend this course?
- Gain specialized knowledge into passive house windows from an overview through advanced topics.
- Develop the skills needed to calculate for high-performance windows.
- Explore case studies of PH windows including single family new build and a variety of installation methods.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and define basic terminology and concepts associated with measuring window performance
- Identify different key components that make up high-performance windows
- Analyze and review different strategies for siting, orienting, and shading buildings.
- Do basic calculations related to windows and air temperature differences including calculating window U-values.
- Describe how to spec and install windows to avoid the risk of mold and condensation
- Calculate window energy balance
- Recognize the roles of various control layers within the building and how windows are integrated and connected to those layers
- Describe the effect of windows on occupant comfort
- Evaluate the different operation types and materials used in high performance windows
- Identify and describe different methods for how to install PH windows effectively, including thermal bridge free installations, over insulations, and proper shading.
Who Should Attend
This course was developed for participants that have a core understanding of Passive House principles who either are currently working towards, or already have professional certification (CPHD/C, or CPHT).