USGBC-LA’s 13th Annual Sustainable Innovation Awards (SIA) | Submission Deadline
USGBC-LA’s 13th Annual Sustainable Innovation Awards (SIA) recognize your project team’s commitment and leadership in creating a more sustainable built environment for all! The Awards are merit-based, selecting projects that demonstrate innovation, sustainable strategies, and exemplary performance in the field of sustainability, occupant health, and community engagement.
Eligibility | SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: 12 a.m. on October 22nd, 2023.
- Location: Projects shall be located in Southern California.
- Typology: All project types, commercial, residential, urban design, or institutional are welcome.
- Built Projects: Must have achieved a sustainable design certification (LEED, Fitwel, WELL, Living Building Challenge, Passive House, Envision, etc.) between October 2022 – October 2023.
- Unbuilt Projects: Must have begun Design Development, Construction Documentation, or be Under Construction, as well as have registered for a sustainable design certification and demonstrate innovation in one or more of the categories below.
Project Types – all projects falling in the following categories will be considered
- Built & Un-built
- Interior Design Projects
- Sites and Landscape
- Planning and Urban Design
- Energy/Operational Carbon
- Zero Waste & Circular Solutions
- Health & Wellbeing
- Equity & Environmental Justice
- Project of the Year*
Project of the Year (Optional) *All submissions including a Project of the Year Statement will be considered for this “Best in Show” category. No additional entry fee is required.