Moving from fossil-fuel boilers to other forms of domestic hot water heating can be challenging, but it’s doable. This training, featuring Redwood Energy’s Sean Armstrong and Small Planet Supply’s Albert Rooks, offers field experience and strategies for providing DHW in multifamily projects both with and without Passive House envelope measures.
As a result of this training, learners will be able to:
- Explain the energy efficiency importance of designing for recirculation heating
- Understand factors impacting HVAC loads in multi-family and commercial buildings
- Identify the unique sizing requirements to implement an electric heat pump design.
- Demonstrate understanding of the differences in system design between a boiler-based and heat pump DHW system
- Understand how heat pump systems are controlled, started up, and maintained for performance.